Over 300 owners, developers, investors and real estate players participated at the Honest Buildings Real Estate Innovations Summit on May 15, 2014! The conference profiled some of the most innovative players in New York real estate including keynote presentations from Bill Rudin and Jared Kushner. They discussed the intersection of real estate and technology, and recent innovations that they and their teams have recently put into action. Check out the recap from the event and see more pictures here.
View Highlights from Honest Buildings Real Estate Innovations Summit!
Pearls of Wisdom
The top innovative players in the real estate industry share their Pearls of Wisdom. Learn about the latest trends, forecasts and predictions directly from the speakers including: Vishal Arora, Matthew Baron, Daniel Miller and Dan Tangerlini.
- Seth Brown, Founder & EVP, OneTitle
- Daniel Miller, Co-Founder, Fundrise
What are the most recent innovations that are generating positive ROI for real estate investors, owners, and developers? In stark contrast to other real estate conferences, the Honest Buildings Real Estate innovations Summit seeks to identify, discuss and present specific innovations that meet the following criteria:
New and Innovative:
Has it been in practice for less than 5 years?
Currently in Use:
Has it been field tested with real world results?
Does it typically have positive benefits to its users?
Is it something that most of us have the ability to deploy?
While “innovation” often conjures up images of “technology,” this conference seeks to explore all kinds of innovations regardless of their “cool” factor or the level of technological sophistication involved.The result is a powerful conference that will present to you extraordinarily useful ideas and practices in areas such as:
- Fundraising & Transactions
- Design & Construction
- Energy & Management
Pioneering real estate players will present case studies to their peers delving into the risks they took, how they convinced their stakeholders, as well as ROI they were able to achieve.
This forward-thinking yet highly practical event will serve as a forum for owners, investors, and developers who aim to fully understand – and capitalize upon – the exciting, innovative solutions up for discussion.
Top Four Reasons to Attend:
- The only event to feature keynotes by Bill Rudin of Rudin Management and Jared Kushner of Kushner Companies on the intersection where real estate and technology meet.
- With an agenda built around the totality of real estate investment, you will hear top innovators in the industry explain all aspects related to developing and managing a building today from land acquisition, design and construction funding, all the way to managing the finished product.
- Focused case studies in each panel with the chance to gain insights from investors who have tested these solutions out themselves. Hear how it worked for them, mistakes they made, and how it paid off in the end.
- Innovation doesn’t just mean new technology. The most successful investors are those who constantly look for practical, actionable solutions to everyday problems – and act on them. Hear how they approach problem solving and what new opportunities for increased ROI could be staring you in the face.
- David Amsterdam, VP – Leasing, SL Green Realty
- Vishal Arora, Principal, Megalith Capital Management
- Matthew Baron, President, Simon Baron Development
- Daniel Bodner, VP – Leasing, Kushner Companies
- Jeffrey Brown, Partner, Brown Hill Development
- Lauren Brust, Dir. of Commercial Building Energy Services, Steven Winter Associates
- Andrew Cooke, VP – Property Management, Hines
- Thomas Durels, EVP & Chief of Property Operations & Leasing, Empire State Realty Trust
- David Eisenberg, Founder & CEO, Floored
- Thomas Farrell, Senior Managing Director – Mexico, Tishman Speyer
- Michael Felman, Director – Fund Advisory, LDJ Capital
- Augustus Field, Vice Chairman, Cushman & Wakefield
- Allen Gross, CEO & Co-Founder, GB Lodging
- Stephen Iorio, Head of Portfolio Management, AllianceBernstein
- William Kahane, CEO & Director, RCS Capital
- Richard Kauffman, Chairman of Energy & Finance State of New York
- Riggs Kubiak, Chief Executive Officer, Honest Buildings
- Geoff Lewis, Vice President, Honest Buildings
- Aaron Liberman, Executive Vice President, Reflective Energy Solutions
- Paul Mankiewicz, Chief Science Officer, Gaia Technologies
- Scott Metzner, Principal, Janus Property Group
- Daniel Miller, Co-Founder, Fundrise
- Toby Moskovits, Founder & CEO, Heritage Equity Partners
- Rao Mulpuri, Chief Executive Officer, View Dynamic Glass
- Adam Neumann, Co-Founder & CEO, WeWork
- Rodrigo Nino, CEO & Founder, Prodigy Network
- Martin Nussbaum, Principal, Slate Property Group
- Albert Picallo, Partner, Synapse Capital
- Seth Pinsky, EVP & Investment Manager, RXR
- Jason Pizer, President, Trinity Real Estate
- Daniel Price, Chief Executive Officer, OneTitle
- Lorenz Reibling, Chairman & Co-founder, Taurus Investment Holdings
- Michael Rudin, Principal, DiBOSS – Digital Building Operating System
- Margaret Streicker Porres, President, Newcastle Realty Services
- Nick Romito, Founder & CEO, View The Space
- Michael Rudin, Principal, DiBoss – Digital Building Operating System
- Jay Samit, Executive Chairman, Realty Mogul
- Kevin Siebers, Vice President, Honest Buildings
- Paul Scialla, Founder, DELOS
- Jessica Goldman Srebnick, Chief Executive Officer, Goldman Properties
- Daniel Tangherlini, Administrator, General Services Administration
- Brandon Weber, CEO & Co-Founder, Hightower
- Steven Witkoff, Chairman & CEO, Witkoff Group
Agenda at a Glance:
- Show Me the Money: New Opportunities in Real Estate Financing
- Innovative Transactions: Let’s Make a Deal 2.0
- One Vision: Spotting Risks & Opportunities in Development
- Power Trip: Innovations in Energy & Sustainability
- How to Demolish Fixed Costs?: Innovative Design & Construction
- Hot Ticket: Harnessing the Demand for Data in Leasing & Marketing